Sunday 29 January 2012

thoughts....

Since my crit last week, I've really been thinking hard about what my art is and what it means to me. I have come to the conclusion - with help from my friends and hubby that I need to be honest about my work. I seem to give only surface, shallow impressions about my work....when to be honest its much deeper and much more than mere "pebbles"....

I have said before that the pebbles represent a lot of things to a lot of people, I haven't really been very articulate in saying what they represent to me....over the next few weeks I am going to try and do some soul searching and explore where I am with my work, where it's going and try and formulate how I want this to come across. A good friend said, it's not so much about the choice of materials more the meaning....I think I need to seriously look inside myself to be able to deliver a more coherent and together collection, especially for my final exhibition.....which is a culmination of 3 years study and can be the starting point of the beginning of me being an artist....

so bare with me if my ramblings get heavy, or they appear disjointed
 - OK that's nothing new!...
I'm a working progress, 
...just trying to learn how to express myself through my art!...

...so I'm looking for the light...
... the true reason why I am drawn to do what I do and how I do it...
so, a step...or even a stitch at a time... happy reading, bye

No comments:

Post a Comment