Monday 4 June 2012

.....time to reflect...



...so everything's been completed, delivered, handed in and exhibited...I keep thinking I should have done this or I should maybe I have done that...Did I remember to put such and such in my sketchbook?...but it's all to late for that now....ah well....I had butterflies in my stomach as I went to Uni on Friday morning....but left thinking which piece should I start to make first tomorrow!...

I seem to have time on my hands... just to reflect on not only how quick the last 3 years have gone but what I have gained in terms of skills, confidence and friends....with such a small group....all nine of us... it's been a close nit group and thankfully we mainly got on...so just in case you've forgotten the University Degree show is on from Saturday 9th June at Westwood Campus, Scarborough, North Yorkshire and finished the following Saturday!....I'll take some great friendships away with me....and look forward to working collaboratively with them in the future, seeing us grow as artists...

... my business card display...
Will you be calling in to choose your favourite one?!

...The good news is that most of us are putting a couple of pieces up in my gallery "Laine & Co from the 21st June for 3 weeks, I think it will have to spread into our working studios as there is quite a lot to show!....

...So I have no excuse now...I can concentrate on my work and developing Laine & Co...the following Exhibitions that will be taking place at my gallery are....Me!...Janilaine Mainprize....my first solo exhibition in a gallery which will run from 12th July until 27th July - there may be a few days where the gallery is closed.....the family really need a well deserved break so I promised that we could have a small holiday....this would have to be taken when I am exhibiting as I can't exactly shut up shop for other artists...that would be rude!.....after that there an exhibition by artist Jane Sullivan....running from 2nd August - 19th August....then theres Ryan Chadwick's exhibition from 23 August until the 9th September....so things are booking up nicely...

....Workshops will be starting up and running from Laine & Co from September....bookmaking/journal....general art & design....maybe even a trial of steam punk and of course....an assemblage workshop or two...so I'll post details nearer the time....well August!...

Just thought I'd show you what was left next to my degree show work last week....


After asking everyone...no one knew where they had come from...I decided they must have been a lovely, thoughtful gift....& guess what...they were....I eventually found out they were from the maintenance man from Uni....the wonderful Graham....with the classic statement...."Found these and thought of you"...ahh how lovely...

.....I just thought I'd let you know a few of my plans.....just to whet your appetite!

Happy reading and hope you're having a lovely weekend
















No comments:

Post a Comment