Sunday 15 July 2012

....and another week goes by...

I cannot believe it's Sunday again!....and its mid July....where does the time really go...I know it goes faster when you are my age....so the kids tell me!....but really!?....

so I am pleased to say I passed my degree....fan fare trumpet!..
...actually a whole orchestra played in my head when I actually found out I had passed....with first class....whoop!....I still find it quite....er...amazing really!....I would have been sad if I got a 2:2....as my grades reflected a 2:1....so I had set my heart on getting a 2:1....and was happy to get that....a first really blew me away...I was worried in case it was a dream and had to wait until Thursday to actually get it in writing....(I think the carrier pigeon got lost delivering the  results!)...
...The good news is we all passed and we can now all spread out wings and build on what we have learnt over the last few years!...I did think about putting a photo on of me in my gown but the hat spent more time wandering down the side of my head so I look like a right muppet!...
So I thought it best to put one of all my lovely family....after all they had to endure me and my student ways for the last three years!....and without a doubt I couldn't have done it without them, thanks guys for everything....

so now what....?



...well the gallery is ticking over, I have my first solo exhibition on at the moment...its amazing how many people share the love of pebbles!
I've also got some work on display and for sale by ceramicist Katie Braida and Feltmaker Jenny Pepper...I am hoping to source different bespoke art and craft to compliment the gallery and sell alongside the art on display...

 I have also started working in more detail on a commission for Scarborough General Hospital...more laser cut pebbles, embroidery and maps....and also getting some sketches down for an exhibition a group of us are sharing at the Triton Gallery, Sledemere House, Nr Driffield in September....I have some photos but I think I need to go back for another visit tho'...
I love the way the books are housed!
...the rich volumes gloriously bound...
and what a great butler bell box!
                    
 The details  found on such mundane things as the gutter  brackets, I suspect depicting images our  colonial ties....there were alot of elephants within the iron work, interior decorations etc

ohhhh....just like the secret garden!
I might use this shape as a repeating pattern...they were all over the garden, tagged to plants..
I found these figures both haunting, lonely  and sad, like a lost childhood, desolate....in a  place the size of Sledmere I 'm sure the kids would have been around but not really seen or heard..


So...I'm working and planning on creating maybe three pieces of work ...I think I may have my work cut out for me!

...what did make me laugh was it took me all afternoon to write on my new chalk board...

..lets hope it brings in some new customers who might not have realised I was now open!

I have to admit I am totally pooped, worn out, exhausted!...I'm really looking forward to having a few days away so my family and I are heading off soon for a short and well deserved break!...time to re-charge our batteries and spend some quality time together...

..in the mean time, enjoy reading, take care and catch up again soon, bye

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your First janilaine!! Fantastic news for you and so very well deserved too.
    The gallery is looking fantastic and can only go from strength to strength.
    Enjoy your break,
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete