Saturday 11 August 2012

.....so what have I been doing?

                      ......good question....what exactly have I been doing?....

I cannot believe its August and its been absolutely ages since I've posted anything....sorry...and now I've got more time on my hands I seem to be struggling to actually do anything constructive!

...I feel a bit like this boat I saw in Whitby "Little Ruby"...bit knackered and in need of a bit of TLC!


 ...I cannot believe how truly shattered I feel (to be honest I feel a bit pathetic really!)...I have lost all creative urges and feel a bit lost really!
I've been for a few lovely walks and meandered around a few galleries....of which I thoroughly enjoyed but I am really struggling to get into some sort of routine both at my studio, the gallery and at home....I have no idea what direction to go in and with an exhibition looming I am starting to panic!



The weather has been quite lovely here and I am hoping to get out a bit more with hubby and my camera.....I took these while wandering around Jacksons Bay, Northside, Scarborough....I just love the colours...
I met up with some Uni mates on Monday and we walked from Whitby to Sandsend...it was just great to catch up and just wander...(thats where Little Ruby photos came from)
Jane, Wendy and Ryan....I was, as always collecting pebbles and stuff!
coastline from Sandsend
I had a lovely and much needed break with my family....'twas a tad exhausting as we played badminton, tennis, swam everyday, foil fencing, segway racing oh and walking....all in 5 days and this was a break to relax!....but it was great to spend quality time together and we did have such a laugh...

I also took part in the "Arts and Culture Exhibition" as part of yorkshire week recently held at the Spa, I shared one of Jenny Pepper's tables. It was a quiet day, but got some really lovely feedback plus great views outside...
Sun Court, Spa, Scarborough
I popped up to Farfield Mill with my brother and niece (and Jade too!) my brother is soooo patient taking us girls, he even bought us lunch then settled down with a cup of tea and his kindle and let us girls have the afternoon wandering around chatting to artists and having a go....lovely day and well worth a visit....I really liked Sarah Keast and Shelley Rhodes exhibition "Fragments left behind"
the biggest french knitting machine I've ever seen!
I have been trying out things to get back into practise....Its a while since I made any books/journals and as I am wanting to run a few workshops in the Autumn I needed to check how long it takes etc...

It's important to make sure  I have not only the right equipment but also that the workshops are achievable...fun,  rewarding and that people go away hopefully having learnt a new skill successfully!



 I've been busy tearing, cutting and storing paper, card etc and if I could make room hopefully make and have a stack of hand made paper...




...and I have also had a load of laser cutting done for a commission I have been working on for my local hospital...

I love the burnt edges that it produces, old linen maps look good, the colours work well against the thick watercolour paper...
I need to do one more piece then I can hopefully get them framed...




...these are two smaller relief pieces I recently finished and I have even managed to put them on  my newly updated website....so I suppose I have been doing stuff....just bits and pieces...






anyway....happy reading and viewing and hopefully I'll get myself back in control of my creativity very soon,
 bye


No comments:

Post a Comment