Sunday 24 February 2013

Half term has been lovely, shame the week has gone so fast!
due to 50% of the family been really poorly with that horrible flu bug I never managed to get over to Pateley Bridge to see my Mum...gutted really as its been ages since I've been over....Christmas doesn't count!...and I wanted to get out to visit some of the galleries over there....
I even had a list of galleries, there are some great places I really want to get to visit...The studio, Dacre Banks,  and Masham Gallery & maybe a new'ish gallery called Buscall Gallery  in Harrogate....even tho' we never managed to get over I am hoping to pop over at Easter and take time to relish a few glorious days of gallery gazing and if I'm really cunning get over to Salts mill and the National Museum of photography - that one should please hubby!....and if I was really cheeky, while over Bradford way take a peek at Fabric...not sure Mum would appreciate me spend my entire time taking in the galleries...but I live in hope for Easter!
Things are quiet in the gallery...not me tho'...busy as always...packing things up...and then finding something and having to make it up....well thats what you do when you find half a tweed jacket!...only problem is I couldn't get the button hole to work on my machine, hence why the buttons are attached on tape for later!


 I've made a batch of books from the remnants of our unhealthy lifestyle in the gallery...they're available to buy form "Eat Me Cafe @ home" a new venture for Martyn and Stephen that compliments their wonderful cafe that opens on Tuesday...the place is looking great, it's lovely seeing business growing from strength to strength and I'm proud to be able to support them.

random pages from old Beno & Beezer annuals


The books are filled with combinations of different papers: graph, tracing, art, coloured, card, cartoons, manuscript paper etc....no two are the same...the only thing is I haven't had time to make any hand-made paper recently, I love that added element and I've just found some mesh thats perfect for making my own Mould & deckle...so when I get my new studio up and running I'll be having a go at making some cloth paper amongst others.


I've decided I need to spend a couple of days a month  making up my "bits & bobs" that I sell along side my art other wise I get bogged down chasing my tail - is that the correct term?!

I'm also busy applying for a couple of art commissions which takes up a lot of time, sorting out submissions, proposals and presentations means my head is full of things all to do with planning for the future... 


























I've also managed to finish two pieces of work, ones a commission...


A few more details of my latest installation...I like the fact that the pebbles are suspended ...just as I have suspended their journey by taking them from their natural surroundings....to be returned at a later day...their shadows like reflections seen through the water, hazy and distorted...

...and as always I think about pebbles, sketching, making & abstracting marks ...

Hope you have enjoyed your week, catch up again soon... happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment